Sunday, November 8, 2009

To be like Arnold

It’s me against the whole world (and some times my selves). No it’s not about winning a girl I love or standing up against an injustice. It’s about a simple stupid motive of using my annual membership of gym at least once in a month. I remember the day when I first paid the hefty amount for the annual membership to the Gym. I came out grinning, dreaming of bringing out those six pack abs duck under my tummy. It remained as a dream that never came true due to my work schedule, demanding client, traffic, rain, late night movies/parties…...the list goes unending.

Working out has always been my passion. Even when I could not go to gym, I used to spend my energy reading all those links that Google showed up when I typed “How to become like Arnold”. Though I could not relate the articles to body building as they were saying like “Stay away from Republicans” or “Marry the lady who has got good political connections” etc, still I tried to follow. Over the time I realized that the idea of working out was not actually working out. So I decided to start jogging after checking out the greenery in the nearest park. It was a good success for a while; till my motivation levels were forcefully dragged down by the presence of those aged fathers of the girls who I was keeping track off.

"Yoga" is the last thing that I can miss after my MBA in SDM, where it was mandatory. I dont think that simple and slow motions can make best use of the levels of testosterne that my body generates.


After failing to commit to jog or gym, the last thing that remained which could fulfill my desire of reducing tummy was to DIET. But I don’t believe in dieting, it’s not meant for me. I have seen my brother suffering in hunger. Ofcourse, he had a reason. He was getting married. He had to survive a typical Tamil Brahman marriage, where the groom sits half naked, wearing transparent dhoti sweating in front of the holy fire, managing his breath to hide his tummy from his future wife as well as from her cute friends. A thought like this was enough to triggere a fire in his belly,so one fine day he decided to burn out the fat in his belly. He enrolled to the near by Gym, obtained a diet chart for one week, that contained those items which I might not consider eating even if I am shipwrecked in a deserted island.


He managed one week following rigorous diet and regular workout . The effects of diet were quite evident in him (No he didn’t get six packs). His otherwise plump cheeks were showing off the bones underneath. His eyes went shallow and he looked weak, but the needle in the weighing machine remained steady like rock. My brother, like a saint seeking out for the truth of life, spent rest of his evening seeking out for the accurate weight, rejecting any reading of the m/c that moved the needle close to his little finger of his right foot. Being frustrated with the result, next week he did more than justice to the quantity of food that he had missed. He had enough meal to shoot up the inflation by two points.

The diet is some thing that I can think of following between breakfast and lunch. Being a connoisseur, food happens to be my first love, my passion, and my only addiction.I dont understand how can eating 200 gms of chocolate results in 2kg of weight gain.


Having failed to stick to any of the method that helps me to build a six pack, my ambition to become like Arnold seems to have more possibility if I decide to enter in to politics than entering in Gym. Oflate I have been trying out another idea that makes me look slim which is hanging out with fat people (it's working :). Any other path breaking idea (s) that helps to chisel my fat and brings out the six packs is always welcome.
To be like ArnoldSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

1 comment:

ravi said...

Oflate I have been trying out another idea that makes me look slim which is hanging out with fat people (it's working :).
Hilarious post buddy! :)